Wednesday 4 November 2009

First Postings

I had a meeting with Peter Dillon on the 28th October 2009. This was the first meeting about the research and documentary proposal. We both discussed my idea and we decided that it was too broad to go into in depth.

My initial proposal was to look into the process of scriptwriting from start to finish. From the first ideas all the way through to seeing it on the screen. I would also look into the details of the writing and how the writers work with the directors that transform their piece.

We talked it through and decided that it would be better to focus on the specifics of the relationships that writers/directors have with the actors that they use in their films.

This was a more refined idea for a proposal and there is a fair distance that I can go with this. There are many well known writing/directing and acting partnerships so this will be interesting to write about as I can get quite in depth with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment